Terms of Service
(by the web site and by the physician who accepts or rejects your referral for services)
I understand and acknowledge that by agreeing to use this website to seek testing services by referral to a qualified physician, that understanding and acceptance of these conditions and terms of service are necessary.
- Our Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your order any time before your visit to the test center. Refunds will be issued within 24-48 hours of cancellation minus a 20% cancellation fee. All cancellation requests after 21 days of purchase will be given credit for future testing.
- I understand that I will be asked by the website for my demographic information and the nature of my requests for testing services. I must be truthful, as aliases are not accepted. If confidentiality is requested, an ID number may be used in place of your name, however valid demographic information must be collected and listed on the patient chart on file with the physician.
- I understand that this web site serves as a resource for patients desiring certain medical screening and/or testing for certain diseases by referral to a qualified physician.
- I understand that this web site has made arrangements for my referral to a qualified physician who is licensed and has prescriptive authority in the state in which I will be tested.
- I am 18 years old or older and I am the one to be tested. If the testing is for sexually transmitted diseases or infections, I acknowledge that I have participated in risky sexual behavior.
- I understand that the physician to whom I am referred, may, in his/her judgment, refuse to accept my referral. Reasons for refusal may include but are not limited to the physician's judgment that my requested testing is inappropriate or that my request is beyond the scope of the services that are available or offered.
- I understand that certain signs and symptoms that I might have such as, temperature over 100.4 degrees (F), abdominal pains, nausea and/or vomiting, might require a visit to my private physician or to an emergency room for proper evaluation and my referral may be refused.
- I understand that if my referral for testing is refused that I will receive a full refund.
- I understand that to be tested will either require a visit to a certified patient service center (usually close to my location) to have my specimen collected, or may require shipping a kit to me for home sample collection and I will be responsible to return the kit for processing. I understand if a suitable specimen is not received by the lab via the home sample collection kit, no refunds will be made and 1 (one) new kit will be mailed to me for recollection at no charge.
- I understand that if my request for a referral is made in the states of NY, NJ, or RI, the laws of these states require that the actual fees paid directly to the lab for my testing will be disclosed to me. The web site will charge a fee for their services and the preparation and referral to a physician.
- I understand that some screening tests may return as positive and this may automatically trigger additional confirmatory testing. This extra testing may create additional fees payable to the website. Confirmatory testing will require additional processing time.
- I understand that if I requested to be tested for HIV that I have given proper consent to testing. All necessary information has been provided and reviewed:
- HIV is the virus that causes AIDS. The only way to know if I have HIV is to be tested.
- HIV testing is important to my health, especially if I am a pregnant woman.
- HIV testing is voluntary. My consent can be withdrawn at any time. Several testing options are available, including confidential testing.
- State law protects the confidentiality of test results and also protects test subjects from discrimination based on HIV status.
- My assigned physician or their designate will talk with me about notifying my sex or needle sharing partners of possible exposure if I test positive, and/or refer me to the proper public health authorities to help facilitate partner notification.
- I understand that any and all of my personal medical history and personal data collected at the web site or from the referral physician will be treated confidentially as required by HIPAA. (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996)
- I understand that my relationship that I have with the physician whom I am referred will only be related to the screening test or testing for the condition of which I am concerned, but in no way, either written or implied, now or in the future will extend beyond the scope of the testing in consideration. No expectations have been made and I have no expectations of my own for receiving any medical care or follow up from this physician other than as related to this testing.
- I understand that every effort will be made to have my testing results returned to me within 2 to 4 business days after specimen collection at the patient service center or after a home collected specimen is received for processing. I understand that, at times, the results might be delayed beyond 4 days and the lab may require a return visit for repeat sample collection.
- I understand that by acceptance of these terms of service that if I do not hear about my results in 5 business days that it is my responsibility to notify the website by calling the website for instructions about receiving my results. I understand that if I do not hear about my results, I can't assume the test was negative or normal.
- I understand that if I want to be tested for STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) or STIs (sexually transmitted infections) that I will not be tested for every possible STD/STI but will be tested only for the ones that I select after the options and recommendations have been explained to me.
- I understand that for testing for STDs/STIs there is a certain latent period after infection but before the testing will be positive. I understand the need for retesting in 3 months, 6 months, and at one year in certain situations where a latent period could be involved.
- I understand that it is rare, but with all lab testing there are times that there are false positive tests and false negative tests. This means that there are times that a person could have the condition and the test be negative (false negative) or the person could be free of the condition and the test is positive (false positive).
- I understand that Federal, State and local public health authorities have regulations that require certain STDs and/or other infectious diseases to be reported with my demographic and personal information. The lab that performs my test and my physician will follow the regulations.
- I understand that the web site and the physician will protect my privacy and security of all of my personal health information (PHI) as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- I further understand that by accepting referral to my assigned physician and having the recommended testing, I voluntarily assume any risks associated with the screening process. In addition, I hereby release and hold harmless, my assigned physician, the laboratory performing the testing, and any other persons or entities associated with this screening process from any and all claims, rights and causes of action arising from any injury or other damages or the consequences thereof, resulting from or in any way connected with the screening while on the Patient Service Center's premises or otherwise directly or indirectly arising from the transaction conducted through the services provided and/or though the relationship with my assigned physician.
- All patients testing in NY, NJ, RI will have their total charges inclusive of two fees, one that goes to the lab and one for the prescriptive authority and technology services. The lab fees are as outline below.
- HIV RNA $85.00
- HIV 4th Gen $14.75
- Hepatitis B AG $10.50
- HEP C AB $14.00
- Hepatitis A AB $11.50
- Herpes Type1 & 2 $17.00
- Syphilis (RPR) $6.00
- Chlamydia/Gonorrhea $37.50
- I understand that the physician to whom which I am referred or their designate, will provide to me as much information and counseling to the best of their ability about any findings on my testing, and that it may be necessary for me to seek additional care from my private physician or to seek further psychological counseling if needed.
- I understand that there is extensive information for me to review about all of the STDs/STIs at two respected web sites:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website at http://www.cdc.gov
- The American Social Health Association at http://www.ashastd.org
- I understand that my testing may reveal a treatable bacterial infection with antibiotics and I may be offered the option of having my physician or his designate provide additional counseling and follow up instructions and call in a prescription for treatment. In certain States and under certain circumstances, treatment may be extended to your partner/partners. These services will require additional charges payable to the website prior to treatment. I understand that this treatment service, if offered, is optional and that I may seek the care of my own physician or public health department.
- I understand that results of this testing and all informational material should be for informational purposes and not a substitute for my usual medical care.
- I am participating in this testing process voluntarily and understand that a visit to my personal physician to discuss findings and/or treatment is advised.
- I understand that a copy of the final report of my laboratory will be made available to me or sent to the physician of my choice with appropriately prepared and signed medical information release documents at my request.
I agree that these Terms of Services are construed under the laws of the State in which I reside and that if any portion is held invalid or unenforceable, the remainder shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
By accepting these "terms of Service" for referral for testing and/or screening services, I hereby certify that I have read this entire document that I understand and agree to all of the terms and conditions. I knowingly and voluntarily use this acceptance as my consent for initiating a limited patient/physician relationship and for appropriate laboratory screening and/or HIV/STD Testing.